In-Semester Workshops for African Language Professionals
Artificial Intelligence in African Language Instruction
The National African Language Resource Center (NALRC) invites you to a workshop on Artificial Intelligence in African Language Instruction.
The workshop leads will introduce participants to AI tools such as chatGPT and will share practical experiences and techniques by which they have used the tools to facilitate different aspects of language instruction. Topics to cover include:
- Using ChatGPT to design lessons and tasks.
- Free AI tools to empower you and enhance your teaching.
- Strategic Vision for Harnessing AI for Pedagogical Policies and African Languages Curriculum.
The workshop will be facilitated by three of our ALTA’s promising scholars who have been creatively exploring this new frontier in their classes:
- Nandipa Sipengane (Yale University)
- Filipo Lubua (University of Pittsburgh)
- Adeola Agoke (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
FALL 2023 Online Workshop
Thursday 12th, October 2023
6 pm – 7:30 pm ET